Every site we build launches with Google Analytics installed. Why?
Because it's a robust tool that helps our clients understand the value that their new websites bring to their business.
Have you ever wanted to:
- Track how many of your quote forms were completed?
- See how many times that PDF was opened?
- Know what your average order value is?
- Find out if that ad you bought generated leads?
Google Analytics can tell you all of this and more.
The Problem...and Solution
Unfortunately, Google Analytics doesn't do this for you automatically. So today, we're launching a multi-part series about how you can set up custom reports to get more out of Google Analytics...and make stronger, more informed business decisions as a result.
First: How To Set Up Your Google Analytics Tracking Code
If you don't have Google Analytics on your site yet, don't worry. It's easy to install. Just follow these six steps:
- Make sure you have a Google account. If you have a Gmail account, you automatically have a Google account. If you'd like to register your business email as a Google account, you can create your account here.
- Stay signed in to your Google account and go to www.google.com/analytics.
- Click on "Access Analytics" at the top-right corner of the page.
- You will be taken to the New Account page. Simply enter the information and select the "Get Tracking ID" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you'll be able to see your tracking code. Just copy that code and paste it in the </head> section on every page of your website.
- You should see the website data within 24 hours!
If you follow these steps and still don't see any data, give us a call at 216-472-2121 today. We'll help you troubleshoot the issue.
Make sure to stay tuned for our next post: How To Make Sure You Are Using Universal Analytics.