David is the chief creative officer at Aztek, where he oversees the creative team and all design related efforts, sets project creative direction and execution, and works closely with development, content, and digital marketing teams.
David earned a bachelor’s degree in illustration from Savannah College of Art and Design.
"Use the force, Harry."
- I don't like being hugged, but I do like using explosives.
- I nearly got arrested once for ruining the scene of a movie that Clint Eastwood directed (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil).
- Loder's Shake Shoppe: Do yourself a favor and order a Big Bear, onion rings, and a chocolate banana milkshake.
- Playhouse Square: Support the arts, especially Playhouse Square. We have one of the best arts communities in the country.
- Cleveland Metroparks: Quite possibly the best part of living in Cleveland.
What I do at Aztek:
- Look for new ideas (big or small) that can make our projects (and Aztek) better.
- Implement as many of those ideas as I can.
- Spend as much time designing as possible.
- Tim Ferriss Podcast: Not specifically about web design, but tons of great takeaways for all aspects of your life packed into every episode.
- Twitter: I used to hate Twitter, but it's one of the best places to hear what smart people (in any industry) are saying. You just have to know where to look.
- Smashing Magazine: Always thoughtful, high-quality articles about the Web Design industry.