"Opportunity isn’t something you wait for. It’s something you create."
— Magic: the Gathering- Opportunity
- When I was in college, I won a little money from the lottery. I used it to go to England and stay with MySpace friends for a week and watch Arnold Schwarzenegger movies together. It was one of the best times I’ve ever had (we did a little sight-seeing, too)!
- Boss ChickNBeer https://www.bosschicknbeer.com/ in Berea. Run by two awesome women, this place has the best chicken wings I’ve ever had. They also have a respectable selection of vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, so it’s a crowd-pleaser.
- Sweeties Golf Land/Soda Shoppe/Giant Candy Warehouse http://www.sweetiesgolfland.com/ http://www.sweetiessodashoppe.com/ http://www.sweetiescandy.com/ in Parma. There’s not a better way to spend a summer day than play some putt-putt, grab a craft soda with some ice cream, and buy more candy than should legally be allowed. The inventories of the soda/ice cream shop and the candy warehouse are mind-blowing and worth checking out even if you’re not into mini-golf (you monster).
- Meetup.com – There are a ton of tech-related meetup groups that happen around Cleveland and I try to go to at least one a month. It’s a great way to meet people with different backgrounds and learn from their experiences!
- Lynda.com - This is a curated resource database of instructional videos/exercise files that are presented by industry experts. The videos are incredibly well done and are how I personally became interested in software development.