Buying donuts for the office is serious business.
If this is your first time buying donuts, you are under extra pressure to perform well.
If you don't get this right, you will be mocked incessantly for the duration of your tenure at Aztek. But if you follow this guide, everything will be alright.
- A number no smaller than the greater of 6 or 1/4 of the total number of donuts shall be Boston creme. This is not negotiable.
- For those confused, Boston creme are the custard filled.
- Cream filled are allowed, but in addition to, not as replacement for, the Boston cremes.
- Nobody likes jelly. Not here. Not anywhere.
- A bagel is acceptable for Jim, should the chosen establishment offer such fare.
- Once the requisite donut orders above have been filled, the rest of the order may be filled with:
- plain cake
- chocolate cake
- plain cake, chocolate icing
- chocolate cake, chocolate icing
- german chocolate (no more than 2)
- blueberry (cake, not filled)
- sour cream (w/ or w/o icing)
- Under no circumstances do you let the donut shop employee choose any of the donuts for you.
- We prefer local shops (Jack Frost, Beckers) over chains (Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme) but ultimately will accept donuts from anywhere.
- We thought it was obvious, but surprisingly some people need to be told: Buy enough donuts for everyone.