- Do you know where to start looking?
- How to interpret the data?
- What if they ask what should be done to perform better?
- What will it take to get the Web presence your company needs?
You might need a web assessment.
A web assessment is a low-risk way to uncover more about your digital presence: what's working well, what's not working well, and what opportunities you might be missing. After working on more than 600 website projects with clients across industries we have experience analyzing website performance, and more importantly, identifying areas you can improve to help your business online.
Our website assessment process takes an in-depth look at:
- Website Content
- Digital Marketing
- Google Analytics & Tracking
- User Experience
- Technical Setup
- Competitive Landscape
The goal is to uncover the biggest opportunities for your business to grow online, whether that be an increase in visibility, user engagement, or number of qualified leads.
With an assessment you can expect:
- A kickoff/discovery meeting / stakeholder interviews
- A Site Sort Scan listing technical issues associated with your website
- Google Analytics installation and setup review
- Documentation on areas for improvements and actionable suggestions to improve your website content, digital marketing, user experience, technical setup, and competitive landscape
- A meeting to present all documents and findings from the assessment
You'll receive all final documentation to support the answer to the questions, how is my website performing? And, what can be done to perform better?
A website assessment will answer key questions about:
- Does the content reflect your company purpose and values?
- Do you clearly explain all your products, services, and offerings?
- Is your content updated regularly?
- Do you have any redundant, outdated, or trivial content that should be removed?
- What is the total demand for your products and services in search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, YouTube)?
- What percentage of the total demand you are currently attracting?
- How many people in your target audience you can reach through social media?
- What is your potential to increase online visibility in short (3-6 months) and long term (12 months) and what impact will that have on your revenue?
Google Analytics & Tracking
- Do you have Google Analytics installed properly?
- Are your KPIs aligned with the overall marketing and business goals?
- How many qualified leads does your website generates on a monthly basis?
- What micro-conversions you should track to be able to calculate the full economic value of your website?
- What is your current site load time? What are potential areas for improvement?
- Does the design allow for easy navigation?
- How appropriate is the use of color and shapes?
- Is it visually appealing?
- Are there uses of technology that detracts from the site's purpose or appeal?
- What are the opportunities to streamline critical processes?
- Are you integrating with any third-party applications?
- What features or technical capabilities does your site need to meet the needs of the users?
- Who's competing with you for traffic online? Spoiler alert: it might not be who you think.
- How are your competitors ranking in the search results?
- How does your site compare to competitors online?
- What content is missing from your site?
What happens after the assessment?
We'll present the findings along with our suggestions for work we could perform to help improve your site performance. We'd love to help you continue to improve your site, but you don't have to continue with additional projects after the assessment. You'll have a list of actionable recommendations included with the assessment documentation.
Ever since attending my first CodeMash in 2011, it has been my must attend event every year. Not even the bitter cold can keep